Sample Submission- Analytical Proteomics Lab
- Every sample must be clearly marked so it can be identified. Samples marked as "sample 1", "1" etc. will not be analyzed to avoid any confusion.
- Proteins submitted for molecular weight determination should be prepared in concentration between 0.1 and 1.0 mg/ml. For larger proteins (MW>100,000) higher concentration (>1mg/ml) is required.
- Detergents of any kind should not be present in solutions.
- Samples for protein identification should be prepared according to the protocol available by request. Using larger gel pieces does not result in better results.
- Fill out a request for MS analysis through the web interface of Laboratory Information Management System for PROTEOMICS (Pro-LIMS). Drop off the samples in room 1086SBC.
- The Pro-LIMS is used to promote an accurate flow of samples through the laboratory. Records for clients are managed, maintained and stored within the Pro-LIMS.
- Results can be downloaded by clients via the web browser. For data security the Pro-LIMS provides a reduced level of access to the external users. Different levels of data access rights can be granted to allow flexibility in data sharing.